Friday, December 21, 2012

Waking to the rain

This morning I awoke to the sound of soft raindrops hitting the tiled roof over my head. Fridays are always a mix of emotions for me. There is the excitement that the work week is ending (Yay! It's Friday! ) and the greediness of just a few minutes more sleep, of wanting to just pull the blankets back up over my head and snuggle down into the warmth of my bed.

 
Struggling into work was worth it though! I am a crazy contest enterer and sign up for anything and everything, so when I opened my email this morning there was the news that I had just won Imbibe's Holiday Giveaway of Allegro Coffee! Me winning coffee??!! There just couldn't be a better match made in heaven. Now back to work!
http://imbibemagazine.com/
Tonight, we'll be making candy cane cookies! Sweet cookies with just the right pinch of peppermint. I cannot wait to pound out the candy canes to sugar sand! All those aggressions and memories of grumpy people smashed into itsy bitsy pieces. Friday is really turning out to be a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment